My job is helping people be successful at what they do, with clean, simple websites.
Over the years I have helped companies move through transitions, clarify goals and solidify their operations. Most recently I helped people find love. I’ve worked in higher education, event management, small tech start-ups and the dating & relationship industry. Though all of that I’ve have worn many hats, collected quite a bit of knowledge about best communicate messages and what it takes to keep the inner company cogs spinning.
I’m really good at bridging the gap between technology (geek speak) and the non-technical person. I want to empower you to make informed decisions about your website. My ultimate goal is to assist you in creating a web presence you are proud of, does what you need it to and is easy to maintain.
- Website design with specialties in WordPress and GoDaddy Website Builder. I can use other website building tools but these are where my latest work is showcased.
- Simple Payment features – I can implement simple payment options (PayPal buttons etc) , but tend to stay away from websites that rely heavily on stores, shopping carts and membership subscriptions.
- Design ideas and geek speak decoding – I am happy to work through design ideas and functionality and explain what the other nerds were talking about. If I don’t know the answer, I will find out.
- Simple logos – I can create simple logos if your site doesn’t have one.
- Basic tech training I can train you on how to do simple updates and posts for your website once I have had a chance to poke around on the administrative side of your site. I want you to be feel comfortable managing your site if you choose to.
- Domain & Website Hosting Setup I can help you register for or adjust your website domain and hosting provider in conjunction with a website build.
- Other Feats of Administrative Magic: Event registration setup and pre and onsite registration management. Care and feeding of social media and lots of data and formatting wonders. For a full list of what I’m capable of visit my Linkedin resume.
ABOUT YOU (ARE WE A MATCH?)
Yes I know this part may be a bit unusual but I want to make sure I’m good fit for you and you’re a good fit for me. That way everyone is happy 🙂 Blame it on my relationship expert past, but clear, timely communication is critical to a good working relationship. Here are some other things that make you are great client for me:
- You’re a small business owner, self help expert or artist.
- You have a simple website with simple needs that needs an little update or an overhaul.
- You are open to new ideas willing to trust who you hire. See this funny but accurate comic from The Oatmeal that explains how sites can go terribly wrong. Don’t be that client!
- You have a WordPress or GoDaddy Website Builder website (or are open to change your site to one. This may not be necessary but it’s good to know)
- You have some clear ideas about what you need your site to do, what you don’t want and where your site is falling short now. Here is a handy-dandy list of questions I will ask you on our consultation. We can talk through these but the more leg work you do know the better the outcome and efficiency of the project.
- What is your website address
- What do you want your website to do for you/your business? Is it doing that?
- What is missing from your site?
- Are there features that you would like to add to your site that currently aren’t there?
- Are there other websites you really like? What do you like about them? Would you like to incorporate some of those elements into your site.
- Where is your website hosted (Bluehost, GoDaddy, etc) and what was it build with? (WordPress or GoDaddy Website Builder for example?)